Thursday, February 10, 2022

Meditation on Hymn “We Shall Overcome” By Roberta Tilden

 We shall overcome – I remember fervently singing this song when I was in high school.

I remember watching innocent people being beaten with clubs and attacked by dogs just because they wanted equal rights.  Been there done that.  I thought we had overcome fear and prejudice permanently. Wrong, wrong, wrong.  Here racism is rearing its ugly head again.

What is a person to do?

Fortunately those of us who belong to Community of Christ have a real vehicle for change at our disposal.  We have been encouraged to proclaim Christ and create communities of Joy, Hope Love, and Peace.

I do believe that we SHALL overcome one person at a time.

Walking hand in hand to create communities where people truly respect each other, and love diversity is our calling and our hope.

We can pray for peace but we must also work for peace.

Will we live in peace someday?  Perhaps that is up to you and me. 

Violence and racism can be catching, but so can Joy, Hope, Love, and Peace.  Live your commitment to the Christ and someday we will live in Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment