Sunday, March 14, 2021

Second Chances by Dodie Gregory

That title could imply many things.  For me it gives me a chance to continue in my chosen profession as a registered nurse.  Unlike many I was blessed to work for 55 years in a job that I dearly loved.  Probably would still be working had my heart not been hijacked by coronary artery disease.  So, after a 5-vessel coronary bypass surgery I find myself on the discard heap.

 

I got my addiction filled by bugging former workmates about what I was missing and watching medical shows on TV (many I say could use better expert consulting), flipping houses, training and competing for the senior Olympics in swimming, race walking, totally remodeling my condo and garden. Still left was that hole created by 55 years in nursing.

 

Then low and behold along comes covid 19 (I refuse to give it respect with capital letters).  But I do digress.

 

Due to millions of vaccinations needing to be given and not so many givers available the Washington State Department of Health enacted emergency legislation to allow unlicensed medical retired personnel to receive authorization to administer covid vaccinations. 

 

It was like God said "finally I can get Dodie to quit her whining".  After filling out many pages of information that I could barely remember I received authorization to participate as a volunteer.

 

Then on to the next obstacle.  Current BLS/CPR certification was required because of course there may be some that will have an untoward reaction to the vaccine.  Testing, oh no, thought I was done with that.  Well good news I did make it through that requirement and currently am letting pharmacies know I am available to be recycled.

 

God has told us to pray and give praise for ALL things.  I believe this pandemic is for a reason, His reason.  I do thank him that He has allowed me to continue to be of use to His people.  His will be done.

 

I sincerely hope you all consider getting the vaccine.  I really don't think God gave us the vaccine not to be received.  He loves you, trust Him.

 

In His Name

Dodie Gregory, Happy and Fulfilled

No comments:

Post a Comment