Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Why I am Always Searching for a Woman's Retreat by Lavera Wade


Almost all the women I know are, or have worked a full-time job, in or out of the home.  Their lives are filled with caring for spouse, partners, children, parents, and any number of critters. They are volunteers, active in their churches or other support groups. The list goes on and on about their busy lives.   
My life is just as busy, but due to a lucky turn of events I stumbled across my first Women's Retreat and I was hooked.   From that day forward, I have been on the search for the next Women's retreat, I have invited any number of women to attend a retreat. I have concluded it is very difficult for most women to take time for themselves away from friends and family.  There are a host of reasons but let’s just leave it at who's going to feed the goldfish.
So here is my pitch for why your life will be better if you skip all the events you could attend this Labor Day, and pack your pillow and attend the Women's retreat at Camp Cascade, .... you will find:
Quiet, A quiet walk with only the sound of God’s voice whispering through the pines.  Quiet that leaves you able to hear your own answers to questions you have struggled with.
Time, time to share with like-minded women.   Time to meet new friends, or catch up with friends you have not had time for in too long.  Time to do nothing accept share a few chores with the rest of the girls.
Most important the peace you will find when you get home.  The peace that comes from having taken the time to recharge your batteries, come closer to God, taken time just for you.
This year instead of saying maybe next year to our Women's Retreat, tell your friends and family you might join them next year, at what it is they are doing this Labor Day, and join us at Camp Cascade. I suspect your friends and family will support this plan.
I look forward to sharing time with you at Camp Cascade.  Retreat information and registration can be found at http://www.cofchrist-iwest.org/women-s-retreat.html or contact Sandy Decker at sdecker@cofchrist-iwest.org if you have questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment