Friday, June 1, 2018

Reunion is Good for your Health by Lavera Wade


Loving God, how do we find the courage to love so abundantly, so inclusively? How do we allow ourselves to be loved enough that it softens us, breaks down our barriers, and humbles us.
I was a new member of Community of Christ in 2011 when I attended my first reunion at Samish Island.

My second day there a young girl hands me a sign, and says do you want to wear this?  The sign read FREE HUGS.

Did I want to spend my day hugging a large group of strangers?  My life experience as the child of an alcoholic would not suggest this was a good idea.  But for some unknown reason I dawned the sign and began my journey being loved in Community of Christ. I still enjoy the friendships that began at that reunion, and last year we made many new friends at Cascade reunion.

Christ said, they will know you are my disciples because of your love for one another.
Reunion is the place where we get to practice love for one another, by serving each other, worshiping together, and finding peaceful times when God can whisper of His love in the sound of the soft breeze through the tree’s.
Looking forward to reunion, Hope to see you there.

2018
Over the years I have enjoyed meeting and hugging an ever growing number of disciples at several women’s retreats, more reunions, mission center conference, and World conference.  As we follow where the Spirit leads us each day, we are given the opportunity to become a Blessing of God’s Love and Peace. Looking forward to meeting you soon.
  
Note:  studies show we need 8 hugs a day for good health, 4 hugs just for survival, HUGS lower your blood pressure, and just feel Good.





No comments:

Post a Comment